Monday, April 21, 2008

Welcome to Saints and Superheroes!


Saints and Superheroes is a blog about just that, Saints and Superheroes. Ever since I was young I loved superheroes and growing up into my faith as a Roman Catholic I began to see that the only real difference between the two is that most Superheroes are just secular Saints.

I hope that through this blog I can educate both believers and non-believers on the lives of the saints as well as catering to the Superhero movie nerds like myself at the same time showing how there actions or speech conveys christianity. I plan to do these things with the blog...

Superheroes:
-Superhero movie reviews with a Catholic twist.
-Trailers.
-Superhero Movie News.

Saints:
-"Saints that will save your life!"...Informative biographies and information on a saint.
-News that is saint worthy.

I also plan on having a section called, "Voted most likely to be..." which will be a post every now and then comparing the works of a superhero with that of a saint.

If you have any questions or suggestions please email at mdhepler@gmail.com

6 comments:

CDE said...

So when can we expect the next post? :)

Fr. Austin Murphy said...

I agree! Let's see some stuff! All the best blessings!

John Maranto said...

Great idea!! I can't wait to see what you post next!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! May our lives be inspired by the heroic lives of sanctity of the saints and heroes of our childhood (and not so childhood) dreams.

Brandon said...

Let's get crackin Matty man.

youmny said...

I googled "superhero saints" as I had come down to the same conclusion and was planning to write an article about it. I am glad I am not the only one. I guess as humans never really create anything; we just gets inspired by the truth and our inner intuitions. Looking forward to read your blog!